Sunday, October 12, 2014

Screenwriting: Review of a craft

Screenwriting is a job, and its job you have to do every day. I have to admit that I don't write every day but I do continue to write a book about my now completed IT career, which was very challenging.

To be honest its been a very tough process even getting an agent, and I have been quite amazed at how impossible a hill this new profession has been to climb. I have learned a great deal over the past year, but I need to know much more.

So how did i start to learn this craft. First I read many screenwriting books and there are quite a few below and they are valuable for screenwriting tips and screenwriting ideas. Feel free to select the ones you like below which will take you to Amazon.com. I also got a few reviews of my first screenplay entitled "RB" on FIVER, which is a website where you pay 5 dollars for a small task and some advice. I have been both impressed and very disappointed at some of the results of my five dollar reviews. I also see many movies every year and i have also started a blog about my movie reviews. In my many years of seeing many movies i am always stunned at how many bad movies are made when you consider how hard it is to break into the field as either a screenwriter or actor or director.

I have also entered a few screenwriting competitions, the best one I have heard about is BLUECAT. Its important to research and find out which ones are the best ones, because you don't want to waste your money. Screenwriting is hard work and there is no magic bullet. Keep writing is the secret. If your inclined, perhaps a screenwriting school would be something you would want to try.

No comments: