Saturday, October 18, 2014

Where do you get Screenwriting Inspiration?

Where do these ideas come from? How can you get inspired with what has been called the most difficult of all art forms to master.

For me it comes to me either when I am driving or when I am sleeping. One of the problems when your are sleeping is that very often you forget what you were thinking about when you wake up. I am definitely not writing down ideas in the middle of the night so I don't forget my thoughts, but maybe I should.

Great ideas for a movie are few and far between and that certainly comes through when you consider how many actually good high quality movies are made each year. The reason for this is because of politics and other unknown reasons, but the obvious other reason is because it is extremely difficult to think about a great idea for a movie and then see it through to its completion. This is especially true if your new to the field and trying to break in for the first time, trying to get past all the middle men and agents out there.

What I have done so far and I have started writing my 4th screenplay, is to start writing once you get the new idea or inspiration to make sure that the idea doesn't die on the vine. Start the process moving forward before you lose or forget your new idea!

The main thing is to KEEP WRITING!

No comments: